Teachwell Academy Regional K-12 Co-op
Teachwell Academy allows students who aren’t succeeding in the traditional classroom a more customized learning program, in a setting with a high staff-to-student ratio and appropriate training. In addition to assisting students in focusing on problem solving, goal setting and positive social skills, certified academic staff teach a core curriculum and a variety of electives. Ultimately, the goal of Teachwell Academy is to prepare each student for a more successful experience when they return to their home school and community. The program is in Sioux Falls and is founded on the following basic principles:
- Students can learn given the opportunity, time and smaller class sizes.
- Students need both academic and social skills to function successfully.
- Students function effectively when they are held accountable.
- Staff demonstrates and expects students to respect self and others.
- Staff provides opportunities to develop effective communication by establishing personal relationships.
Students are referred to Teachwell Academy by their local school districts. Local districts provide transportation for students who need it.
For more information about Teachwell Academy, contact:
Kari Piekarski, Principal
824 E 14th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104